PerkUp is a fast-growing, early-stage FinTech startup that’s disrupting corporate gifting. PerkUp is a software platform that lets employers send high-quality gifts globally to their employees.
In 2021, US businesses spent $90 billion on gift cards for their employees and customers—PerkUp is a fantastic alternative to gift cards because it allows companies to keep the unspent funds, generate consolidated tax reports, and provides millions of reward and gift options.
We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
As a Frontend Engineer at PerkUp, you’ll be building a platform that thousands of employees rely on to send and receive rewards at their company.
We have a small but mighty engineering team. We’ve done a lot with a little, but there’s much more work to be done to continue our fast-paced growth, we need to hire a world-class engineering team. You’ll help us get there by owning end-to-end projects, talking with customers, and ultimately supporting the growth of PerkUp (both the product and the business).
- Collaborate closely with our design team to craft a product that delights our users through reusable components using React and Typescript
- Extend the core functionality of our application, which requires both attention to detail and an understanding of performance implications
- Triage bugs and ship stable, high-quality code to which you are proud to be a contributor
- Weigh in on our product roadmap which is set collaboratively by design, product, and engineering
You should apply if you have:
- 3+ years experience in professional front-end development, ideally some of which you’ve spent in startups
- Previous experience working closely with designers, building flexible, composable libraries and components
- A customer-first mindset and an interest in talking with customers to make sure what we’re building is a polished product meets their needs
- Experience owning technically challenging and demanding cross-functional projects
- A record of identifying valuable projects, communicating the strategy for them, and executing on them autonomously
- Habit of introspection and understanding what’s helped you be successful in the past
- Bonus points if you have experience in mentoring other team members
How to apply:
Message Thomas Mirmotahari via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on LinkedIn.