Looking for funny work anniversary quotes to make your employees smile? A work anniversary is an important milestone. It’s a sign of an employee’s commitment and is something to be acknowledged and rewarded.
If you lead the team responsible for boosting internal morale, you have come to the right place. We’ve created the ultimate list of work anniversary funny quotes to share with your team. You can make your employees laugh and show them that they’re valued and appreciated, all in one fell swoop!
No surprises here - everyone has a work anniversary once a year. If you’ve read our article on morale boosters, you’ll know that celebrating a work anniversary is a great way to get your employees motivated.
Motivated employees work harder, perform better, and have an increased loyalty towards the organization. They stay longer, create a great company culture, and really give the business their all.
Besides promoting feelings of motivation and loyalty, hosting work anniversary celebrations also provide your top performers with the recognition they deserve.
Many businesses choose to mark the occasion with a gift.
You could also organize an event to celebrate the milestone.
Either way, gifting a card with personality suits every option. Humor is a clever and fun way to provide meaningful recognition for your employees and show them what a terrific company culture you have.
1st year work anniversaries are special. Your fledgling employee has now found their feet, and it’s time to celebrate that anniversary with a couple of humorous quotes.
Here are our best first-year work anniversary funny quotes to entertain and inspire!
1. Did you really think we forgot? Well, honestly, actually, we did. Luckily for you or us, our computer reminded us that today’s your work anniversary!
2. The best employees always work hard. They are loyal, diligent, and smart. That’s what makes them the best employees. We hope that next year, you’ll also have some of these qualities.
3. Words are not enough to thank you for your hard work this last year, so I’ll stop right there.
4. We haven’t gotten tired of seeing your face almost every day for the last year. Honest.
5. Think again if you were hoping that making it to a 1-year anniversary meant a pay rise or maybe leaving early. Happy anniversary!
6. Just imagine where you’ll be this time next year. Yep, probably in that same chair getting another happy anniversary message.
7. Here’s to another year of outward smiles and inward screams.
8. This is a good moment for you to think about what you would say to yourself if you could quickly go back in time. Don’t tell us what it would be. Your face says it all.
9. When you look back over the last year, we hope you have as many fond memories about working here as we do.
10. To us, it feels like just yesterday you started working here. To you, I bet it feels like a lifetime.
Not only should you include a fast, funny quote in that appreciation card, but you should also add some of these fun ideas to make that 1st work year anniversary memorable.
Remember, the more personal you make this celebration, the more your employees will appreciate your incredible culture. An employee that appreciates their employer will always try to deliver their best.
The next most crucial work anniversary is the 5-year milestone. Your employee has grown and transformed from a fledgling worker to a majestic master.
It would be best to whip up some excellent work anniversary funny quotes to celebrate those five years of hard work. Here’s our list of humorous 5th year anniversary quotes to make everyone smile.
1. Is it really another year of you working here? You must love us! Today, you’ll have to do an exciting presentation on all your favorite things in the office!
2. Happy anniversary – now get back to work!
3. I bet you’d hoped we’d forget, or at the very least that you’d forget how long you’ve been here. Nope, happy anniversary.
4. That’s another year gone by and another year waiting for someone to recognize all the hard work you do.
5. We bet you don’t remember what you were doing this time last year! You were probably doing the same thing you’re doing right now.
6. This is to remind you that you’ve just wasted another year doing the same stuff every day. But we love you.
7. Did you know that it’s hard work, unmatched loyalty, diligence, and smarts that make the best employees. We do hope that by this time next year, you’ll have some of these qualities too.
8. We don’t throw the word “amazing” around often - especially when handing out work anniversary messages. Luckily, you won’t find it on this card either.
9. Happy work anniversary! You see, there’s no point dwelling on the past and your past mistakes. Let’s look forward to a better year this year.
10. You’re a consistent reminder that hard work never killed anyone – but why take that chance, eh?
Five years of dedication is quite an achievement. Not only should you add a funny quote to the celebration card, but here’s a couple of other clever ways to help you celebrate your employee’s milestone.
Suppose you don’t know the employee that well; chat to their coworkers to understand better what they like and dislike. Use this information to find a gift that’s tailor-made to your star employee.
Ten years of hard work and dedication to the same company is quite a remarkable achievement. Here you can get creative with your work anniversary funny quotes. Here are some of our favorites to celebrate a decade-long working spree.
1. Wow! Doesn’t time fly? Just think, soon you will have been here for ten years! How exciting!
2. The best part of our jobs has been working with you – can you say the same?
3. We were thinking about getting you an anniversary gift too, but thinking about it is as far as it got.
4. We were going to do something funny for your work anniversary, but there’s nothing funny about working here another year.
5. Your dedication to your job is something we can only aspire to – aspire not to replicate, that is.
6. Happy anniversary from someone you’re probably shocked knew it was your anniversary.
7. I will always choose a lazy person to do a hard job because they will find an easy way to do it. Happy Work Anniversary!
8. Always remember that you are absolutely and unequivocally unique. That is, one-of-a-kind, just like everyone else. Happy Work Anniversary!
9. Seeing as it’s your anniversary today, how about going a little easy on us? Congratulations!
10. I was going to suggest a party, but I guess you’re too busy working! Happy anniversary!
Ten years of loyal service to your company is a prestigious accomplishment. For this one, we recommend that you dial the fun up to eleven.
Some of our favorite tenth work anniversary celebration ideas are:
The celebrations for this anniversary should be big, bold and loud. You want all of your employees to see your company recognize that hard work and dedication. Doing this will inspire all of them to achieve the same milestone.
Your employee is a leader, a trend-setter, and has achieved the 15-year milestone. All of that hard work and dedication needs a suitably prominent and fantastic celebration. Here are our top ten work anniversary funny quotes for 15 years of excellent service.
1. I heard you started so long ago that instead of filling out paperwork your first day, you chiseled your W-2 in stone. Anyway, happy work anniversary.
2. Happy work anniversary to someone who has worked here so long; their employee ID is probably “1.”
3. We always wonder how you can stay here for so long and still stay sane. At least someone is trying.
4. Happy work anniversary to someone whose tenure with the company has outlasted the average length of most celebrity marriages!
5. Happy workaversary! We wanted to hire a plane to write it in the sky, but you know, budget cuts. Just enjoy this card instead.
6. Happy work anniversary! I would have loved to shout it from the roof. However, safety issues, and all of that.
7. Happy work anniversary! Why are you still here? Expecting a gift? Isn’t my endless gratitude enough for you?
8. Another work anniversary? You just had one last year!
9. Happy work anniversary! Again. I’ve now lost count of the years you have been with us. Instead, I will just say it has been a very looooooong time.
10. Happy work anniversary! Hopefully, by next year you will finally win the lottery and get out.
Fifteen years of excellent service is a truly remarkable milestone. So, for this one, everything needs to be bigger and better. Some of our favorite celebration ideas are:
Always be honest when showing your appreciation to your employees. Some of these ideas, such as the TikTok dance, can also be used to make your employee famous for 15 minutes. Not only does the employee get their moment in the limelight, but people will soon start talking about your terrific company culture.
Choosing the best work anniversary funny quotes for an employee is always a tricky task. Not everybody enjoys the same humor. So, here are some critical dos and don’ts for choosing something suitable for each all-star on your team.
The best anniversary quote should be lighthearted and fun. It’s a time to celebrate, to recognize hard work and dedication.
Humor will also help brighten the day and remind everybody that the company cares about them. Doing this will show employees why your company culture is so fantastic.
Whether you plan on writing your own saying, poem, song, or choose one of the favorite quotes for employees from our list, always be sensitive.
Avoid topics such as health, lifestyle, and other sensitive topics that they may interpret in a wrong way. The last thing you want to do is come across as being offensive or insensitive.
For an added touch of awesomeness, make the quote personal. Refer to an inside joke or an event that happened in the past.
By making it personal, you show employees that the company views them as individuals. Doing this will make them feel recognized and appreciated even more.
Employees will rarely feel comfortable enough to poke fun at their manager. So, to add some lighthearted fun, make jokes about how tyrannical your company is.
Doing this will make you and your company seem more human and more approachable. Employees will love this, and they will feel the need to perform even better.
Wishing a coworker a happy anniversary with a meme is a clever, fun-filled way to spread some cheer around the office. You can easily find plenty of relevant, lighthearted free memes online to share or even customize with an inside joke.
There are loads of funny GIFs that you can easily find online. The most popular GIFs tend to relate to pop culture, current events, and funny pictures. You should add your own text to make it personal and memorable.
After years of working at your company, there’s no better way to celebrate a star employee than showing them how much you value them in a fun and creative way.
Whether you’re sending a birthday meme or pop culture GIF, keeping these occasions fun, light, and inclusive will ensure high morale and keep your entire team happy.
Get your rewards systems and company culture right, and your business can show its workforce that it cares and is invested in each person.
Loyal people will always strive to do their best while being fantastic brand ambassadors. Ultimately, it plays into how you attract and retain top talent.